Create In Me A Clean Heart

Friday, February 18, 2011

Author: Jayson
Note: When I saw my pains in the mirror, God spoke to me through the life of David...

❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿ 


Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me
                                                            Psalms 51:10

I was looking at myself at the mirror and noticed that I am no longer the same person I was before. My life became too complicated and everything seems too heavy. Problem came after another and I am no longer sure until when I can carry them on my back. My temper became so limited and I got angry at simple things. The smile that was usualy outlined on my cheeks is no longer there. The heart that before longed for Him is now filled with too much pain and sorrow. I have commited too much sin that I am already lying down in the muddy field with a bloody heart.

I took my tablet and open my soft bible in the book of II Samuel chapter 11. There I was reminded of the life of David, the man before the heart of God. He was a great king and the Lord loved him so dear. He feared the Lord, obeyed the Lord and worshiped the Lord. But this chapter did not tell me how great David was, but it told me how wicked he was. The whole chapter spoke of His wickedness, on how he slept with Batshebah the wife of Uriah. It spoke of his trickery in asking Uriah to go home and sleep with his wife in order to cover the truth that he impregnated Batshebah, but when Uriah did not go home because of his loyalty to Israel, David asked Joab to send Uriah in the frontline of the deadliest battle so he may be smitten and die. After Uriah’s death, David fetched Batshebah to her house and she became his wife. What David did displease the Lord. The Lord spoke to him through the prophet Nathan and he was punished. The Lord killed his son. What strikes me in this story was David’s reaction to the Lord’s punishment. He acknowledged his wickedness and asked for forgiveness. He fasted for 7 days and worshipped the Lord. In one of his psalms he said “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me (Psalm 51:10) God heared his prayer and forgave him. He blessed David and Batshebah another son and called him Solomon.

After reading this, I was reminded that everybody has its wicked side. Everybody is suceptable to sin, even the greatest men of Israel. I was reminded that God is a loving God and He is always at our side reminding us of His great mercy. He is like a father to us, punishing us in order to correct our mistakes. In the book of Ezekiel chapter 18 verses 21 God said to the people of Israel “Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit.”. His mercy is indeed everlasting and he reminded me through his words.

Now I am praying that He too would renew a right spirit within me, that I may find my self again in His presence. Once more, I want to feel the great joy of my first love. I want to dance in his presence with overflowing joy in my heart. Lord, right now I am claiming your Living Promise. I know that like David, He is reminding me and is punishing me to correct my mistakes. Like David, He wants me to repent and come back in His presence. He knows what I did and He is willing forgive me because I am His son, He has chosen me and He gave me a promise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP