"Because you left me for that stranger in the mall."

Thursday, May 27, 2010

By Christian Ray Licen
email: shakespeareinlove1988@yahoo.com
--------------------------------------------------------

That gloomy morning
When the stars still align my view
Had I understood of reality.
Yes, I sneaked under your conscience
When you wandered in that bar
I could not imagine the thud against your voice
Which was powerless against the blitz.
How you apologized so quickly
When my words were fire to your ears
You called for the nth time
Just when I pulled my pillow.
I could not be any agreeable to my vindication
That the water in your hands gave in to my rage.
And seeing you left me for that stranger in that mall
I was contained as were the stars drenched in my blanket.
That morning never did any better
Than to wake up to the reality
That I have once lost you to my dreams.

3 comments:

Sir Gerald May 27, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

i appreciate this poem. somewhat meaningless but meaningful.

Jayson May 31, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

hmmmm....poems seems to behave that way....I agree Gerald...

Jayson May 31, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

I intend this blog to filipino literature....to practice our skills in writing and show to the world the imaginations of the Filipinos....

Post a Comment

Enter your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP